WHAT IS THE FOCUS OF THE CLUB?
- Academic English (reading, writing, listening, speaking, vocabulary, grammar).
- Study skills (e.g. reading strategies, note-taking, outlining, memory strategies).
- Critical reading, writing, and thinking.
- Research skills (qualitative and quantitative research).
WHO IS THE CLUB FOR?
- For students who need advanced English for university or a job.
- Students preparing for IELTS/TOEFL exams.
- For scientists and researchers interested in improving their academic and/or scientific English.
HOW DOES THE CLUB WORK?
- The activities follow a simple and effective formula.
- Students listen to/watch selected TED talks before the lesson. Sometimes they read a scientific article or research paper.
- During online lessons (via MS Teams), I discuss with students the materials they have watched or listened to.
- After online lessons, students can work on additional activities (e.g. presentations, essays) and I provide high-quality feedback.
- The lesson can be extended with additional training (academic writing, academic reading, preparing academic presentations, doing research projects, IELTS/TOEFL preparation, effective language learning for university, effective study skills for university, etc.).
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE?
- The price is £10 per 60m. lesson in a small group (max. 4 students)
- 1:1 lessons are £25 per lesson.
HOW TO JOIN THE CLUB?
- Students who want to take their academic English proficiency to the next level can contact me by email (email@example.com), FB, WhatsApp, or phone ( +44 7582859784).
HOW TO JOIN MY FREE LESSONS?
- I offer students free lessons every Thursday at 8pm (GMT). With my free online classes, students can learn Advanced English and get a taste of my tutoring style.
- On 31/03/2022, at 8pm (GMT) we will be discussing: this video.
- I deliver my classes via MS Teams (free app).
- Link to the meeting, no registration is needed: https://rebrand.ly/DrBernardParniewicz
WHAT MAKES MY APPROACH EFFECTIVE?
- Geared for students who need Academic English for colleges, universities and jobs.
- Based on research-based methods, cognitive science, and deliberate practice.
- Challenging, interesting, authentic, comprehensible materials.
- Focus on developing independent learning skills. Students need to be prepared for my lessons.
- Students learn advanced English and essential academic skills.
WHY DO I USE TED TALKS FOR MY LESSONS?
- It is a high-quality, challenging, and authentic content (there are almost 4,000 TED Talks).
- TED talks offer comprehensible material (e.g. subtitles, translations).
- Students acquire general knowledge, academic/professional English, advanced vocabulary, idiomatic language and critical thinking skills.
- TED talks offer exposure to different English varieties (e.g. British, US, non-native, colloquial, academic, professional English).
- TED talks provide fuel for interesting discussions and can be complemented with research articles.
WHO IS YOUR INSTRUCTOR?
- Dr Bernard Parniewicz (PhD in Effective Education, MSc in TESOL, Queen’s University).